Custom WordPress Website Design & Zazzle Affiliate Link Site
The site overhaul was launched in July of 2016 and the results speak for themselves: an increase from no appreciable organic keyword traffic to approximately 5,000 hits/month within 10 months. General site traffic increased by approximately 600%.
- Search engine optimization
- Custom affiliate links cloaking solution (cloaked 370,500 affiliate links)
- Fully automated product image scraping solution which generated 370,000 product images for launch
- Innovative user interface design to stimulate product sales and grow organic traffic
- Launched with 9,500 coat of arms images
This project was a case where the original site had been developed completely for the business owner with no thought to the site visitor/potential customer. As a result, the site was a complete failure, unable to gain any search engine ranking, and was essentially shunned by members of the heraldry community.
The solution had three important components:
1. To create an easily navigable, aesthetically pleasing, mobile responsive, content rich site, thereby providing an enjoyable research experience for the site visitor.
2. To provide a multitude of products for sale in a way that would be relevant to the user.
3. The affiliate links to the Zazzle site had to be successfully cloaked in such as way as to avoid search engine penalties.
As the user clicks on each coat of arms variation relating to their personal surname, the site instantly loads corresponding gift ideas interspersed with the research content. In the case of the "Smith" surname, that requires accessing over 900 images for the page. Average page load times for the site were <2 seconds with the larger pages still coming in under 5 seconds - an exceptional achievement for an image-heavy website.